Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cristobal Pier, Panama



We docked at Cristobal, Panama around 6:30pm and they let us off the ship around 7pm for shopping at the pier, while the passengers who had been on shore excursions returned to the Infinity. This was the shopping port I had been looking forward to with lots of native crafts but I ended up doing speed shopping in 20 minutes so we could have time to be back on board to dress for a special dinner that was planned for tonight.



I was able to buy the above Panama Mola (fabric art), a cat puzzle box and three carved Tagua nuts before we rushed back. I would have bought more but we had neglected to get change and the Indian's wouldn't accept large bills.








I didn't bother to haggle when I bought anything because the natives are poor enough and the man who I bought the carved Tagua nuts from had the smallest table at the pier and was crippled.

The short movie clip shows a bit of native entertainment they had at the pier. At the very end when the camera sweeps to the end of the table, the small table next to it with the man and young boy was where I bought the above carved Tagua nuts.

No comments: